Friday, October 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am posting this for you Jess as I have replaced the chocolate chips with 1 cup of frozen (thawed out hehe) blueberries and they were amazing!!








These are a family favorite and I make them at least once a week for breakfast.  As I mentioned above I have used the base recipe and replaced the chocolate chips with blueberries.  I have also used peanut butter chips and peaches.  When I made the peaches I used some of the juice from the can-I get peaches in 100% fruit juice.  I did about 1/2 cup of the juice and 1/4 cup of milk.  They were so yum yum.  I am thinking about trying either frozen strawberries or a frozen triple berry mix in the batter next.  Play around with it and see what you and your family enjoy as the "star" of the muffin.


What You Will Need:
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teasp baking powder
1/2 teasp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
A couple of Tblsp each of granulated and brown sugar mixed together for the topping-optional

Step 1: Prepare the batter-
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.  Mix well
Add milk and eggs and combine until batter is just moist.
Add chocolate chips (or whatever you choose to use) and lightly mix in.

Step 2: Bake Muffins-
Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
Spoon batter into muffin cups about 3/4 full per cup.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes

Optional Topping:
This is completely optional but makes the muffins so yummy.
Combine about 2 tblsp each-I don't measure this-of granulated and brown sugar.
After batter is spooned into muffin tin sprinkle the tops with the sugar mixture and bake as normal
My oldest likes to call this topping "sprinkles" and he always reminds me to put the "sprinkles" on when I make them-I skipped this step 1 time and he was so disappointed so he always reminds me now.


I hope you enjoy these yummy muffins, great way to have "cake" for breakfast.

Love,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...