Thursday, October 14, 2010

For the love of CROCKPOTS

I am a full time working mom.  I leave my house daily at 7:30am and some days don't get home til 5:30pm.  And you know what I never have ANY desire to do?  Make dinner.  I just want to catch up with my husband, play with Mason, maybe catch a TV show, or read a book.  Whoever said cooking dinner was a relaxing way to start your evening at home, must have been drinking not thinking when they said that.

But duty calls, and my family deserves more then fast food or cereal most nights.  If it was up to my husband our 4 year old would be eating pancakes, ice cream, and sprite often.  So what is a busy mom to do?


GET. A. CROCKPOT. 
Or pull yours out of the cabinet that hold the appliances you never use.

For real.. do it, you won't be sorry.

It is so wondeful to come home at then end of a long day and you unlock your front door, arms laden with kids, school bags, mail, etc.. and you are greeted with the delicious smell of dinner.

Taco Soup is one of my "go to" crockpot recipes.   My husband and I love it, and even though I cannot get our 4 year old to eat it, I do make sure I pull some browned ground beef aside for him before adding it to the pot. And the leftovers are even better for lunch the next day!

Taco Soup
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
 * 1 pound lean ground beef

* 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans

* 1 can (11 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn
* 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes 
* 1 can diced tomatoes
* 1 sm can chopped chile peppers (4 ounces)
* 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans 
* 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder


Brown the ground beef; drain well. I will usually brown the ground beef the night before so at 630am that is one less step I must do. Add everything to your slow cooker simmer in slow cooker on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, or salsa.
 
Try it soon, I promise you won't be sorry.. 
- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...