Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Ice Cream



I must give credit to Dionna at Code Name: Mama for giving me this idea.  I have seen snow ice cream referenced more than once this past week and was curious how to make it.  If you refer to the above link Dionna has several variations of the recipe.  I kinda combined a few of them together and came up with the following 2 variations.  So if its snowing where you are set out a large mixing bowl to collect some as it falls.  If there is snow on the ground, make sure its clean and fill up a bowl.  You will need about 1 large mixing bowl (approximately 1 gallon) for each recipe.


The first is a chocolate variation and was by far my favorite.  Dionna nailed it right on the head when she said it reminded her of a Dairy Queen Frosty, that's exactly what it tastes like and its the same consistency too.

What You Will Need:
Snow
1 14 oz can unsweetened condensed milk
1 packet
 of hot chocolate mix (or a couple Tblsp cocoa powder or chocolate syrup should work too)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teasp vanilla

To Make:
Add all ingredients into bowl with snow and mix until well combined.  I let my oldest help me with this, he loved it.


The second kind I tried was a peach variation.  This reminded me of a peach yogurt smoothie, so good!

What You Will Need:
Snow
1 can peaches
1 14 oz can unsweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teasp vanilla

To Make:
Empty out peaches, juice and all, into a smaller mixing bowl.  Cut peach slices into bite sized pieces.
Add peaches (juice and all) into snow.  Add rest of ingredients until well combined.  I needed slightly more than 1 large mixing bowl of snow for this variations, probably because I added the peach juice and the milk.


Eat and enjoy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...