Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cornflake Oven Fried Chicken

This recipe was given to me by a good friend, it is the BEST fried chicken ever. I don't make fried chicken any other way anymore.
You can use any cut of chicken you like bone in or bone out. I normally use boneless/skinless chicken breast and that is what I have listed here. I have used bone-in breasts and legs before as well.


Cornflake Chicken, pictured with home made Mac & Cheese and Green Beans with Bacon



What You Will Need:
2-4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts-depending upon family size an appetite
1-2 Cups of Corn Flakes (any brand) cereal
1/3 cup butter, melted-in an effort to be healthier I have started using 1/3 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)**
Seasoning to taste

Step 1: Prep the Chicken-
Rinse off chicken breasts and pat dry.
Cut off any excess fat and cut breasts into strips (optional, an leave whole just take longer to cook).  Each breast will make 2-3 strips depending on size.

crushed cornflakes
Step 2: Prepare Cornflakes and Bake Chicken-
Crush 1-2 cups (depending upon how much chicken you are using) of corn flakes in food processor.  If you do not have a food processor this can be done by putting them in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin to crush, you can also just use your hands.
Season the flakes with whatever seasonings you and your family enjoys with chicken.  I use Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Pepper.  I do not measure these, I just sprinkle them in.  Maybe 1 teasp each of the powders and 1/2 a teasp of pepper to start if you are not sure pf how much to use. 
Lightly salt chicken
Dip all of the chicken into the melted butter
Coat chicken with crushed corn flakes
Place on a foil lined baking sheet

Chicken in butter
 Bake chicken in oven at 350 for 40-45 minutes.  Larger pieces of chicken will take longer, maybe 45-60 minutes.












Chicken all ready to go in the oven



As I said above, this is the only way I "fry" my chicken now.  Much easier, no more standing at the stove flipping chicken trying to cook evenly on all sides. The chicken comes out perfect every time.  The outside is nice and crispy and the inside is moist and tender.









Love,
Christy

**You can use the butter or EVOO, it tastes the same either way but the EVOO is a healthier optioon.  I didn't even tell my hubby I made the switch.  He can't tell the difference and he is very anti-healthy foods haha (shhhhhhh,don't tell him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...