Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tostadas de Carne deshebrada (Shredded beef tostadas)

Tostadas.. (Toes-tad-ahs)
They are a magnificent little tortilla that has been fried or baked making it sturdy and flat. They taste like tortilla chips, you can top them with beans, with cheese, with tuna, hummus, chili, seafood.. the possibilities are delicious. Yesterday we had shredded beef ones at my home, and today we will make some with tuna I will post the recipe to that as well..

my favorite...
It's really simple you need a can of beans. 
1 lb of top round steak London broil beef
toppings
chopped iceberg lettuce
sour cream
cheese
avocado slices
tomato
your favorite salsa.

In a large saucepan put your whole piece of beef along with 2 cloves of garlic and salt to taste.  Boil the meat until it's cooked it will look like this.


Shred the beef with your hands, I was having  a bit of trouble so I started chopping it into little pieces with a large butcher knife until my mom came over at the right minute and showed me her trick when she can't shred, she shredded it with a fork.  Beef will look like this


Heat your beans, grab a tostada spread some beans on it and add the beef and all your favorite toppings. Simple and cheap.. my two favorite words when it comes to making dinner.


Enjoy! <3
post by Tanya E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...